Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to Kevin's World



Hello everyone,

Please take this opportunity to write your thoughts or any general comments dedicated to our dear friend and family member, Kevin Hughes.

** If you would like to submit pictures, please send them to me at Kyle.Bobrick@Gmail.com and I will be more than happy to post them for you. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Words fail me as to how to express how much you will be missed, Kev. You were and will always be one of the finest people I have ever known. Thank you for all you did for me. May you rest in peace, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the most wonderful pleasure of sitting underneath Kevin, in the figurative sense, c'mon guys, for many years as he cranked out the "bushmen" bass. A lover of all things musical, even the Radiators, and, even the Beat Farmers,his infectiousness and willingness, shared by Helene, to let us practice at their home was legendary. Let's face it, there are no words to describe our mutual loss, but there are so many words to celebrate the man, his love and his life. Let us dwell on those words and cherish and nurture the great joy he brought into our lives. I will remember these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the smartest and kindest men I ever knew. We worked for years across the hall from Kevin, and if we had any kind of legal issue we needed researched, we would make sure we said it within his earshot. He loved the challenge, and we got the answers. I think he knew we did it on purpose! Always so generous with his time and knowledge. To his family: I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Sheryl Storey

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the man that helped me pass Tax Law, rocked the low end with reckless enthusiasm, befriended me in times of confusion, shared joy and simple pleasures, and always had an easy smile and words of wisdom, I will miss you. Rest easy, my friend. To Helene, Kyle, Ryan, Ben and the rest of Kevin's family, my profound condolences for your loss. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a friend of Pat and always enjoyed stopping by his folk’s house in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin when his family gathered during holidays. I could see where Pat got his sense of fun, teasing, brutal honesty, and laughter by being around his family. Kevin was sharp, funny, always knew a lot about many things. I saw how the family pulled together as their mother struggled with cancer. And kept tabs on their father in the following years. It’s that strength of the Hughes family that convinces me life will go on, and the smiles will come back, despite this sad loss.

    When I was in Denver in October, 2007, Pat took me on my first trip ever up the Rockies. We went to Red Rock, stopped at few shops & saloons, and in one afternoon I felt I got a real sense of what Colorado is all about. Pat then suggested we go see Kevin, who we found in his kitchen, shirtless in jeans, making homemade polenta, reading a book, great music in the background, on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. Cool. Relaxed. Wonderful. Wild flowers by the house. Laughs. Jokes. Poking fun. Sincere friendship.

    When I think of Kevin, I’ll remember that day. And smile.

    Mike Clemens
    Mt. Pleasant, Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kevin,

    I REMEMBER:

    Watching you teach complex tax concepts to your fellow law students cramming for finals thirty years ago...hanging out at your house on Ogden with Ron, Mark, Jill and Leslie...Governor's Park where we decided to become rock stars..buyng musical instruments and trading them around when we realized we couldn't play the ones we bought...your bachelor pad at The Sanctuary...Facio Ut Des - Halloween parties - Wanda and the Bushmen...Dick & the Chicks...one of your first dates with Helene at a U2 concert...you standing up in my wedding...borrowing my black dress shoes moments before your own wedding ceremony...fun and laughter with Kyle in your backyard...Kyle wearing suits around your home emulating you...Park Hill...band practice in your basement...the look of pure joy and pride on your face whenever you were with any of your three sons...the mountains...laughter

    I REMEMBER:

    Your sweet smile, your wonderful laugh and gentle manner...you always brought a smile to my face...

    THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT I REMEMBER, I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU...

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking all week about memories of Kevin: Law school days followed by F.U.D. halloween parties in fishnet stockings and heels (you guys got us on that one, but we girls got to "sing backup" so it was probably an even trade). But what really sticks with me is a 15 minute visit I had with Kevin last year. I was involved in a case with Kevin and when up at his office in Evergreen, I immediately noticed the family photos displayed in his office. As he told me what each of his kids was up to, his eyes and face lit up; he was beaming. His family was clearly his joy and he was so proud. His smile said it all.

    I am so profoundly saddened for your loss. We will all miss Kevin and although words don't quite seem adequate at times like this, I thought I would share these words from "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley:


    "Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."


    You're all in my thoughts,

    Carolyn Gruber Abrahams

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of Kevin now and am grateful to have known him and very sad that he's gone. My heartfelt condolences to Helene and family. Kevin's memory and spirit will always bring a smile to my face. - tim dyes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helene and family, Remember the joyous times. With my deepest sympathy, Carol Naff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helene, Ryan, Kyle and Ben:

    I am grateful to have your family as neighbors. I'll remember Kevin most in our many interactions that started with a cheery "hi" and often ended up in longer conversations, across the fence or in the street. I'll remember Kevin for the weekly band practices over the past year, knowing how much he liked to play and be part of the group. I'll remember Kevin as a caring dad and husband, always wanting the best for his family.

    Kevin, we miss you. We're still waiting for you to drive down the street and zip into your garage.

    Peace,
    Mark Beese

    ReplyDelete